12/27/11

I wanna be,,,

I wanna be an architect planner


Architect, architect, architect.
I keep this thought in my mind since my high school grade. Everyone has their own dream job. So do I. Soon, I would be a college student therefore I must thought about what major I would take. At that time I just wanna be an architect (the prestigious job, coolest job I've ever thought). I studied hard so I could enter that department in Gadjah Mada University (again! the prestigious university, coolest university I've ever thought). Therefore I must study study study while my mother enjoy watched TV zzzzzz

To save my condition, I also took the test for entering architect department in a private university in my hometown, mmm how to say it,,just for my second choice if I couldn't accepted in GMU. Shortly, I was accepted in the private one but not in GMU.
So to kept my dream to be a student in GMU, I put my second choice in the national test for entering GMU as urban and regional planning engineering or planology. Planology?? Plan-o-logy? Plant-o-logy? eerrwww What's thaattt??? I didn't know why I choosed urban planning at that time. I just knew that urban planning would be in the same department with architect so maybe this major just same as architect hahahaa

Alhamdulillah, I was accepted in urban planning engineering. At least I was accepted as GMU student. Then, I changed my plan to reach my dream as an architect with planning to take the next year test. So within one year I would live my life as an urban planning student. But I just realized that six months studying in the architect and planning department made me understand, I couldn't be an architect. Whatever people said that being an architect we didn't need an ability in drawing, sketching, etc. At that time I just realized that I really couldn't be an architect. How could I survive in the future as an architect?? How could I be an architect when my creativity just stuck off? If I'm just depend on my housing sketch ability, how could I survive with my job? While there are so many architects in this world who can do it. In the other side, I just realized, as an urban planner I could be survive in the future. How urban planning study really needed today when our city faced a big big problem which need solved soon. Urban design? Tourism? Environment? Economic? Social? Heritage? Which one do you wanna pick for your expertise?
Today I just wanna be a planner, planner, planner. And a planner is the coolest job ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment